Purpose of a Vision statement: A vision statement, or simply a vision, is a public declaration that educational organizations use to describe their high-level goals for the future—what they hope to achieve if they successfully fulfill their organizational purpose or mission.
We believe that our diverse community of students, given a rigorous academic program in an inclusive, safe and secure environment, will be prepared to be responsible citizens.
Each and every child is joyful and compassionate, confident and feels successful, academically prepared and able to make meaningful, positive impact in their lives, the lives of others, and the world around them.
Purpose of a Mission statement: A mission statement is intended to clarify the "what," the "who," and the "why" of an organization. It's the roadmap for the organization’s vision statement.
Alameda Unified School District will effectively use our limited resources to ensure that every student succeeds.
Alameda Unified School District is committed to upholding our community’s core values of equity and excellence for every student by providing inclusive and safe conditions for learning that challenge and support every student to be culturally competent and prepared for college, career, and community participation.
DRAFT GUIDING PRINCIPLES (revised 3-20-19)
Purpose of Guiding Principles: To articulate a broad philosophy that encompass beliefs and values and guide an organization throughout its life in all circumstances, irrespective of changes in its goals, strategies or type of work. They create an organizational culture where everyone understands what's important.
Draft Revision of Guiding Principles:
- We believe there is value in diversity, and that by providing equitable educational opportunities for all students, everyone can succeed.
- We believe that education should be student-centered and focused on the whole child.
- We believe that social, emotional, and mental well-being are crucial to the success of students.
- We believe that inequities exist within our current educational system and that it is our responsibility to diminish them.
- We believe that students deserve the opportunity to explore and pursue their interests and that it is the responsibility of employees to support them in this.
- We believe that clear and transparent communication with stakeholders is vital to the success of students.
- We believe that staff and administration should work alongside stakeholders to ensure that students are being given the services they need and are being challenged appropriately.
(Please see attachment)